Monday 8 October 2012

Waiting for the train

We are sat in the train station, with delay, two hours to go! The rain has flood the roads outside to about 30cm, and doesn't look like letting up. The station is a stereotype of the Hollywood vision of poor Asian communist infrastructure. Dirty, loud, bright, with ineffective fans, and a crackly loud public address system which instantly makes you twitch with fear when it comes in. The kids are knackered, but bearing up considering they don't have beer to ease the pain.. Any moment now a military troop with burst in and demand to see our papers, I just hope my flip flops can save us.

Felix Needs the loo

So Felix needs one, so we wonder around the back of the station to find the WC, it turns out to be a pay loo (price of about 1p) but no coins available, so I point to a corner and suggest he go there. Only to spot not one or two, but in the region of twenty rats. Felix reckons he can hold out until the train arrives!

1 comment:

  1. Same thing happened to me in the en-suite this morning - sodding rats get everywhere.

    Hope the tooth is better James and could you please give us more regular updates on this plese, especially as I too am in line for root-canal Nov 19th!

    Great to see the photos and the video's - makes you realise what a minute piece of the world I spend my existence in - love to all. Nick.

    ReplyDelete