Saturday 6 October 2012

Day 1 9 - Nha Trang - Rain!

Today there was rain. No typhoon, just rain!... slightly disappointing to be honest, especially when you find out that the town you just left (Hoi An) was hit very badly and the whole area is under a foot of water. I know this is not the right attitude, but then you don't find yourself in a tropical country in the middle of typhoon season too often – aye!

It is difficult to have an opinion about a town when you have only seen it in the rain, but I think this is basically Vietnam's answer to Bognor Regis with a touch of Ibiza!. Maybe I'll change my opinion tomorrow after a day at the natural spring and a Mud bath.. and possibly (even hopefully) a sprinkling of sunshine.

The Kids are still enjoying the hotel pool, despite the weather, and actually it has stopped raining. Yippee!. It's another great hotel with awesome customer service but I'm not going to bang on about that again!

I bought a data only sim card for my phone today, bored of the rubbish service offering I've had to date. 3 quid for unlimited data for a month! Brilliant!.. Not only that, but the sales personnel at this Vietnamese version of Carphone Warehouse seemed to be using sex to sell. It is an art that is slowly being lost in the west, and what a shame! The skirt was ridiculous, the flirtation infectious, the wife incredulous!... and I'm buying 3 more tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys good to catch up just then. Send our best wishes to Felix and wish him a happy birthday from the pcole famille.

    Skype you soon.

    Miss you all.

    loads of love Phil and familyxxxx


    ReplyDelete